Friday, 25 October 2013

Post #2

Post # 2 - The essay that I liked the best was the suitcase lady because the fact that it talks about the life of a poor person, it relates to a real life situation. When I read real life situation stories, I can take a lot of valuable life lessons out of them. Reading this essay made me realize how lucky I am to have a home and family and food. There was one sentence in the essay that really stood out to me: "Somewhere in her bleary eyes and in the deep lines of her face is a story that probably no one will ever know. She is taking pains to write something on a notepad and crying steadily."

1 comment:

  1. Its so true. I am not sure how many people at Ridley realize how much 25,000 dollars really is (i'm not sure if the enrolment fee is that much). Most people also complain about the food here, however, they need to think that they have a co-op in which they can get food there, make a sandwich in the dinning hall or have the hot lunch. Most people who go to school have a sandwich or something simple.

    ReplyDelete